It's TACO Night!
Cooking dinner is a challenge when you are a commuter. It's hard to think up what to make especially if you have to defrost meat or vegetables at 8 pm but I had a great time partnering with Old El Paso to create a simple taco recipe that you can make.
Old El Paso sent me a Taco Boats Dinner kit that included:
- Stand n' Stuff Flour Tortilla Boats
- Mild Taco Sauce
- Seasoning Mix
- Meat and Topping at your preference of course.
For Food Safety and quality, follow the cooking directions.
Make 8 Ground Beef Tacos in 3 Easy Steps:
You will need: 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Chicken and 2/3 cup of water.
1. Brown beef in 10-inch skillet, drain. Stir in water and seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. I always add butter and garlic to my ground beef for an extra punch.
2. Pull tab to open package of Tortilla cups. To heat in Microwave, wrap stack of Tortillas in microwavable waxed paper; place on microwaveable plate. Microwave on high for 20 to 25 seconds until warm. You can also heat up in Oven by wrapping stack of tortillas in foil; place on cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes until warm. ( Personally, I used a toaster over for 4 minutes heating up two taco bowls at a time)
3. Spoon beef filling into Tortillas. Top with desired toppings and Taco Sauce. You can refrigerate leftovers; however in my house nothing was left
Do not heat tortillas in plastic package. Seal leftover tortillas in food-storage plastic bag or containers.
Voila! A simple dinner that honestly took me about 25 minutes to make!
To get inspired, visit www.oldelpaso.com to get more recipes to try out!
Disclaimer: This is a Sponsored Post and Powered by Brand Backer.